Less Than The Dust - Stanley Theatre (Philadelphia) Program 1916

 

4-page Stanley Theatre (Philadelphia) program, Vol. 1 No. 84 for week November 6, 1916. The big feature for the week was Mary's first picture produced by the Mary Pickford Film Corporation and the first distributed by Artcraft, Less Than The Dust -- a picture that Mary ultimately hated, having said "I made two pictures of which I have tried sedulously to wipe from my mind. One was entitled Less than the Dust and I remember how heartily I agreed with the woman who walked up to me in the street and said 'Oh, Miss Pickford. I loved you in the picture Cheaper than the Dirt.'” The second page of the program has a nice photo by Ira L. Hill that was notably used as the basis for a painted portrait of Mary that hung at Pickfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment