Mary Pickford RPPC Postcards / Photo by Hartsook

Real photo postcard featuring a potrait of Mary Pickford by Hartsook. Not that is means anything, but she wears this dress in Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (1917,) coincidentally with daisies affixed to it. 




Cropped real photo postcard featuring a potrait of Mary Pickford by Hartsook. Not that is means anything, but she wears this dress in Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (1917,) coincidentally with daisies affixed to it. 


Real photo postcard of Mary Pickford produced by Photocard Co. of Los Angeles. Incidentally, she is wearing the dress seen in the last shot of Fanchon the Cricket (1915.) Photo by Hartsook. ca. 1916

Real photo postcard of Mary Pickford produced by Photocard Co. of Los Angeles. Photo by Hartsook. c. 1915

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I have many Hartsook photos in my collection, and can tell you with 100 percent certainty, this postcard is a Hartsook. I also have this card and a keen eye, the photo I have is from the same sitting, (different pose) and the dress detail is identical. I have been able to identify many of my photos from studying her dress, jewelry etc. I hope this information helps you. I am the person who asked you about the film Rags. Kindest Regards, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confirmation! I figured it was Hartsook. In fact I have a photo from what I believe to be from the same series as well, but just could't tell in this case... and the portions of the studio name are visible on the right, but it seems to say TA (stylized like Hartsook lettering!) Anyway, I agree, studying the clothing, backgrounds, etc. has helped me identify a number of photos/postcards/etc. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete